Teen Summer Passport Program
Head to your local library and sign up for the OPL Teen Summer Passport program!
The Teen Summer Passport program runs from June 13 through August 8.
Here’s what you need to do to get started:
- Sign up! If you’re between the ages of 12-18, visit your neighborhood branch of the Oakland Public Library to register. You’ll receive a free Summer Passport Booklet and TeenZone notebook!
- Start to explore your community! Pick up our Bay Area Hot Spots flyer and receive passport stamps for visiting museums, skate parks, attending Library programs, volunteering for the Library, writing reviews and so much more! This year’s Teen Pick (selected by the Chavez Teen Advisory Board) is Lincoln Park, located in Alameda.
- For every 3 PASSPORT STAMPS you collect, you’ll receive a raffle ticket. The more raffle tickets you receive (maximum of 6 raffle tickets per person), the greater your chance to win one of our grand prizes of an iPad Touch, iPad Mini or even a laptop!
- When you’ve collected 9 PASSPORT STAMPS, you’ll receive your choice of a pair of headphones, or a flash drive, as well as a raffle ticket.
- When you’ve collected 18 PASSPORT STAMPS, you’ll receive a free TeenZone backpack.
- Lastly, HAVE FUN! Mark your calendar for our End of Summer Party at the Main TeenZone on August 15 at 1:00 pm. We’ll have a drawing for our grand prizes and be giving away special door prizes, too!
All raffle tickets, prizes and passport stamps should be collected at your local branch library. If you’d like more information about our Teen Summer Passport program, please call 510-238-7332.